Sunday, November 9, 2008

Brian Doerksen's Heart

This was just SO cool, I had to write right away. For those of you who know Brian or think he might be interested in hearing this, please forward our blog to him!!!
Today (Sunday) we went to Shalom, the house church that most of the Asian hope and alot of Logos kids and families go. It is run by two Action International families from America, and the Canadian arm of Action is the umbrella association we are here in Cambodia with. The worship team is made up mostly of Korean high school students from Logos, drums, guitar, keyboards. They are pretty good, if I don't say so myself. The singing is lead by one of the pastors.

There we sit on a fairly average Sunday morning, worshiping at a house church for an orphanage in Cambodia, being lead in worship by Korean missionary kids, and what do you know, up pops the words for Your Love Makes me Sing, by Brian Doerksen. Everyone knew it, of course, and it was so great to sing. But I just wanted to yell out, "Hey, that guy Brian is from the same city we are from half way around the world!" "Our kids went to the same school as his kids!" I was totally proud, and all excited! I'm sure this isn't news to Brian or those who know just how international his name and music has gone, but I was none the less, just plain ol' excited and thankful in a funny way for Abbotsford, and the many times I've had a chance to hear Brian live!
Thanks, Brian Doerksen, for your heart of worship that has touched lives far and near, and just for affirmation and confirmation to you, is being sung in house churches in Cambodia, where the name of Jesus is being exalted! Halleluja!!!
God is so cool.....

1 comment:

Becky said...

I know, we all know, that God has no international boundries, but every now and then to see how he reaches people all over the world through someone you know (who, although is very gifted, is still just a normal person)always amazes me. His networking system is so complicated yet works so well!