Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sureyah's Going to Trinity!!!

Hi all. Thought I would post the e-mail the Logos staff received just today, from our principal Dan. It's regarding the Logos grad named "Sureyah" whom Dan, Dean and MANY others have been working hard on getting to University in Canada:

Dear all,
I thought I would share some exciting news with you.

Sureyah just got his (Canadian) visa and is heading to the Bangkok airport to grab a flight back to Phnom Penh (arrives at 7pm tonight) as I write. He then has 38 hours before he has to be at the airport to check in for his flight to Vancouver Canada. He flies out on Friday morning at 10:50am via Taipei. He arrives in Vancouver on Friday Night at 7:20pm and then starts orientation the next day at Trinity.

It was a long 9 days for him, but he ended up getting the visa without even having an interview.

Praise the Lord

Do pray for him as he attempts to have some closure on this side of the globe and moves on to his next chapter on that side of the globe. It is going to be a bit of a tough go for him, but God has been very evident in this whole "project" so far, and will continue to be with him I have no doubt.

Blessings to you all,

Dan

*****

ASIDE FROM DEAN

I just thought I would give my two bits of thanks to the many of you that prayed for Sureyah. When it all looked like it might not happen in time we got a Skype chat from Sureyah saying the Embassy took his Passport today. (We told Sureyah for the last number of days to hang around the Embassy just to let them know he was still very much around). Then the people at the Bangkok Embassy told Sureyah to come back around 1:30 in the afternoon. Sureyah didn't ask "why"? However, he and we suspected good things. If he did get his visa, what was his timing to get back to PP in time to pack, say good bye, and leave for his Friday morning flight to Canada.
Sureyah was telling us that the next available bus from Bangkok to Phnom Penh was at 2 am on Thursday morning and that would get him into PP at around 6 pm later that day (a 16 hour bus ride). That would have left him with only a few hours to pack for Canada because his flight leaves the next morning. So rather than make the timeline even tighter, Dan got our secretary to book a flight for Sureyah from Bangkok to PP (his first flight ever) to arrive tonight at 6 pm Wednesday. This gives Sureyah a full day tomorrow to say good-bye and pack for Canada.
You know Sureyah was alone in Thailand for that whole time and he was starting to doubt whether this was meant to be. I have to say that in my own weakness, I kept thinking we could get his visa in our own power and by our own means and praying as an important step but a secondary one. When honestly last night I just prayed, "God, who am I kidding, you have been in control this whole time. It really has nothing to do with us. I can't worry about it, I give it all to you. You have opened doors that should be closed, you have made things happen that can only be through your grace and mercy, and although the Embassy looks closed at this point, if Sureyah is going to get to Canada for his Friday flight, you can open the door tomorrow if it is time for Sureyah to go."

Praise be to the Lord. He answered those prayers with a "yes". The Embassy gave him his visa and didn't even ask for an interview. Why don't I think "I give it all to you " sooner? I wish I did that more often. I hope I am learning here!

Honestly, it is great to see how God works. His timing really lets us appreciate his help and direction so much more. I do love seeing it in action.

Sureyah is sure appreciative of everything and he is excited to come back to PP for the extra day. We will see him off at the airport on Friday morning. Awesome!!!
Thanks again to many of you that have shown interest and prayed for Sureyah. He will need more prayer as he adjusts to a Canadian culture that is very different than the one he knows. But, the Lord will guide him.
We just keep telling Sureyah he is going to freeze!!! :)

thanks,
Dean

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Praise the Lord! He is so faithful!