Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Hoops to jump through, hurdles to get over

Hi all. Quick hello here, with a promise to write soon.

I am writing to you on Wed night. Tomorrow is a teacher work day for us, the kids have the day off, and I have a stage being set up in the gym for the elementary concert. Friday is the concert, with a show in the afternoon with, hopefully, some of Marie's orphanage kids out to watch (and also some of our handicapped friends from House of Smiles!) and the evening show, with parents. I will be at school in the afternoon of Saturday to move, set up and practice for the evening Middle school concert, which is Sat. at 5. Once these "hurdles" are over, then I will be able to breath and write again, I hope!

I will take picts of our library in boxes, as it's all being packed up now and will hopefully be moved early next week. All this on the go. It sure feels weird to think that the actual move is so close! (Dec 18th & 19th will be the big days.)

Our family is also seriously considering, actually pursuing I guess would be a better term, staying another year longer to serve at Logos. There are hoops to get through, don't need to go into all those specifically right now, but as our family is well aware, God is no stranger to going through hoops. In fact, He's actually pretty good at them. Or he finds ways to go around them, or over them, or turn other directions from them,or removes them, etc, etc. haha.

Regardless, we'll talk more about it later, and will let you know how things go as we continue on in this adventure.

When things seem "impossible," (or almost impossible) like "getting through all the hoops," my grandfather's poor condition and spirit in the hospital, or just getting through the next few days successfully, I remember...

"With man, this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God." Mark 10:27b

and then I resonate with the father of the boy with an evil spirit in Mark 9, when he askes Jesus, "...if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us." (verse 22) To which Jesus replies (probably exasperatedly), "If you can? Everything is possible for him who believes." (v.23.)

Immediately the father (or myself) exclaimed, "I DO BELIEVE; HELP ME WITH MY UNBELIEF!" (verse 24)

hope that makes sense to you all. Will write again soon!
with excitement, Smiles and Love to all.
Les

1 comment:

canadasue said...

"With man, this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God." Mark 10:27b Thank you for the reminder... helps my heart today! see you soon.