Friday, August 6, 2010

Sorry for the delay

Sorry folks, I have been wanting to write for a good long while but after only landing in Phnom Penh a day our laptop died and has not been awake ever since. Alas the recycled Trinity Western Laptop may have seen its last days on earth. Perhaps it could have been the heat and humidity.

Part of my delay of writing also has to do with my health. I have also been really sick since I have been back too. I guess adjusting to the Cambodian dog diet (kidding) takes more time than adjusting to the Canadian Tim Horton's diet (wish I were kidding). However, today is the first day I have been able to eat in about a week. Although I do not know whether I will keep it in at all.
Great to have the girls back with me finally too. We went quite the stint apart as we departed on July 19th in Canada and finally reconnected on August 4th back here in Phnom Penh.

Got some good news and another funny Maya story. Maya just lost her first tooth last night and of course the Tooth fairy came and gave her Khmer money (Worth 4000 Reils , about $1). Maya laughed and was tickled pink that the tooth fairy actually came to Cambodia!!!

Also want to say big thanks to Carla (Bodnarus) Tschigerl for sending us a gift package that she sent some time in April. It just arrived to us today (August 4th)!! The package was filled with Granola bars, chocolate chips (that have become a chocolate block) and a big beautiful tin of Tim Horton's coffee. As a side note: Granola bars from Canada are the best. We can get granola type bars here but they usually shove shrimp flavor, crab, seaeweed or fish flavor with the cookie style bar. Not enjoyable at all. So from the bottom of our hearts, many many thanks Carla.

School with all students starts on Monday. Better get back to work!!

Blessings,
Dean

Pics will follow in the next day.

No comments: