Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Dirt Biking through Cambodia








A few of us guys had a chance to go out on a Saturday and go Dirt Biking in the country side. I must say, for me, this was a great way to see the country and get out of the city. David Ens, a Canadian missionary here in Cambodia, told me that Dirt biking is the best way to get around in this country. I must agree with him. A couple of us rented some dirt bikes ($15/day) and took off to the "Quarry". The "Quarry", as it affectionately known, is about 2 hours outside of the city and located at the bottom of a hill (that they call Mountain). The pics with the Cattle are located at the Quarry and I really think it is the perfect picture- the temple in the far background, the farm land and the cow trying to get into the picture. By the way, I hadn't dirt biked since I was 14 years old at Harv and Len's farm back in Winnipeg. My goal was not to get hurt....I was successful. We had a chance to relax under a grove of Mango trees and take a break from the hot sun. We also had fun trying to get through roads that were flooded with 3 to 4 feet of water, avoid large trucks, avoid large cattle, dogs, and people. It was a fun morning.

No comments: